Employee Taxes in ESS
You can now allow employees to update and manage their own federal and state tax withholding information. Additionally, if an employee makes a change to their federal tax withholding, they will be prompted to electronically sign an updated W-4.
Employees can find this feature in their ESS account under Profile > Pay > Taxes
Note! This feature is off by default. To enable employees to edit their tax info, go to Company > Rules & Alerts > Request & Approvals > Taxes
When an employee edits their tax info, it appears as a pending request on the admin side, from which the admin can approve or deny the change request.
Introducing Global Calendar
The global calendar allows admins and managers to see employees who are off or scheduled to be off, on a global level. This is useful for example, when approving an employee's Time Off Request. You can first view who else is scheduled to be off on those dates.
The calendar also includes Notes which have a due date.
The Global Calendar includes information for all companies which the user has access to.
When navigating to the calendar, the default landing page is My Team, however you can select Everyone to see all employees which you have access to.
Document Share Enhancements
Document share allows you to quickly and easily share documents with employees, who can then electronically complete and sign, or acknowledge receipt of the documents.
With the August release we have implemented the following enhancements based on client feedback:
- You can now send reminder emails to all employees who did not complete the document
- You can send reminder emails to individual employees
- You can cancel the share for all employees who did not complete, or for individual employees
- Admin input/signature is now supported in Document share
- Added status filters and stats to the employee list
For more details about the Document share feature, see the June release notes.
Compare Payroll Details to Previous Payrolls
Open payroll details can now be compared to previous payrolls by employee. This new tool is an option in the Verification section of the payroll view.
Employee Absence Alert
Added an "Employee Absence Alert" to the list of available email alerts. This alert flags employees who are scheduled to work and did not clock in. Users can manage the amount of time elapsed before an alert is triggered.
Alerts settings are found under Company > Rules & Alerts > Alerts. This new alert is found under the "Alert Me" menu.
PTO Accrual Balances in ESS
Previous to this release, PTO balances were displayed in the employee self service portal (ESS) only if the Time Off Request feature was enabled for the company. With this release, companies have the option to include the employee PTO balances in the employee portal, even if the Time Off Request feature is not enabled. This setting is found under the the Accrual Policy settings.
Attendance Punch Reviews Export
Users can now export the attendance punch review list.
Upcoming Employee Reviews in Dashboard
Added upcoming reviews to the Expiring HR Records widget in the company Dashboard. This helps admins track upcoming employee reviews.
New Section for the Org Chart
The org chart which has previously been placed near the employee list, has been moved to its own page. This enables users to easily navigate to it.
Assignee Filter in the Pending Requests List
You can now filter the pending request list by assignee.
Cost Centers Description in Custom Transaction Live Report
Added Cost Center descriptions as available columns in the Custom Transaction report.
Power import for Employee Licenses & Certificates
Power imports are found under Actions > Power Tools and are used for bulk updates. With this release, we added the ability to import Licenses & Certificates records.
Include/Exclude Cost Centers When Copying an Employee
Now when copying an employee from one company to another, the user can select whether to copy cost centers or not. Previously it would always copy the cost centers.
- Fixed date & time format in Attendance live reports exports
- Fixed filter error in the Employee Paired Punches live report
- In some Live reports, when adding the 'Last change user" column, the report would error. This is now fixed.
- In Live reports, when including multiple companies in a report and then clicking on the employee name to navigate to the employee profile, it would error. This is now fixed.
- In some scenarios the Attendance verification Schedule grid would error while calculating. This is now fixed.
- In some scenarios the Talent Acquisition dashboard would display the wrong count of open positions. This is now fixed.
- Previous to this release, you were able to add up to 10 dependents in the employee profile. Now there is no limit.